Aphrodisiac food items are nothing, but just a category of food. They have some unique properties in them, like every other food item has. Although, now there have been a lot of facts about this particular thing, still a lot of points are not known to a lot of people. In the sections below, we have focused upon the definition of the term and the things related to it. We have also focused on the point as to who are the people who should eat these food items.
What are aphrodisiac food items?
Each and every food item that we eat or consume at different occasions has certain qualities in them and thus is placed in certain category. Now, aphrodisiac food items are the one that are responsible for arousing sexual desires in the mind of the person who is eating it. These food items do not contain any strange nutrient and sometimes are placed in this category even because of their appearance.
Who should eat aphrodisiac food items?
Well, having a good sexual life with your partner is actually a sign of healthy relationship with your partner. However, people now a day’s lack this happiness in their married life due to stress, work pressure, depression and other factors. So, if one is going through this phase of their life and relationship, then he or she should start having these types of food items in their diet.
Here is some detailed information related to this category of food items.
Types of aphrodisiacs food
- The first category of food that falls in this category is the one who creates warmth and moisture at the same time. These food items were considered to be responsible of creating sexual desires amongst people. Some of the examples could be lettuce or purslane leaves.
- The next type of food item that falls in this category is the one that looks like the male or female sexual organs. Now, these food items were eaten, in order to arouse the feeling of pleasure amongst the eater. Oyster is one of the finest examples of this. Along with that, the vegetables like carrot too could be eaten for the purpose.
- If we talk about the non vegetarian section, then the reproductive organs of these animals were considered to be capable of producing sexual desires in people. Along with that, eggs too were considered of the same category. Not just the sexual desires, but these food items were responsible for increasing the potency also.
- The food items that were not available easily were considered to be exotic and responsible for arousing sexual desires. Food items like potatoes and others of this category are of no use as they are very easily available.
Aphrodisiac food items in history
The researches in a proper way upon Aphrodisiac food items and their influence were conducted in the year 2005, but people used to know about them already. Now, the food items like turnips, onions, artichokes, leeks etc were already considered as aphrodisiac food. They were not just regarded as the food item that could arouse the feeling of sexual desires but they could even help in increasing sperm count. We have mentioned earlier also that food items looking like male or female sexual organs are also seen as erotic ones. Along with them, the fruits that contain a lot of seeds in them like pomegranate and figs too are considered as food items that could actually produce sexual desires among people eating them. The seeds that were in these fruits are called seeds of fertility.
One of the most important food items of all the times that need a special mention here is the oysters. Now, the reason for which this particular food item is considered to be the one which has the capacity of arousing sexual desire is its contents. It consists of water, protein, carbohydrate, fat, salts, glycogen and the most important calcium and potassium. Along with the content that it has, the shape of it is also responsible for this claim.
After oysters, chocolates come in the list. Chocolates have been considered to be one such food from a long time, as it consists of phenyl ethylamine. This is one such chemical that is found in the human mind and helps the brain in arousing emotions of different kinds. However, the human body does not absorb much of this chemical from chocolates. The very texture of the chocolates and the way in which it melts inside our mouth is something that looks really arousing.
In the early stages, the spices were also thought to be responsible of arousing sexual feelings among the people. In India, even now people consider it to be true. The spices like cloves, ginger, white pepper, cardamom, cinnamon etc. comes in this category.
During the 16th century, potatoes too were kept in the category of the same type of food items. It was around the 18th century that other vegetables too joined in. In the 18th century, the vegetables like carrots, asparagus and many others were considered to be aphrodisiac. Some of the vegetables like onions looked like testicles and thus were regarded as food items that could actually increase the potency of men.
After all these points, we have discovered some of the points that could be found in the food items from aphrodisiac category. Here is a list of the qualities that could be found in these food items.
- They are smoother in nature.
- Whatever sources they have, they are rich in it.
- The texture of these food items is creamy.
- The appearance and the taste of it have to be exotic.
- Last, but not the least quality of these food items is that they should be spicy in nature.
So, this was all about the food items that are aphrodisiac in nature. With these points, it is clear that what type of people should eat these types of food items.