There are a lot of food items that are considered to be aphrodisiac and it has been proved through a lot of researches. Earlier, there were not much proves about the food items being in this category, but people had the idea about it. Now, there is a lot of proves related to it, still, not everyone is aware of the contents that these types of food items have in them. Here we are discussing one item that is oysters. First, we will look at the definition of Aphrodisiac food items and then will move towards other points related to it.
What are the aphrodisiac food items?
All the food items that are there in this world are placed in some category or another. Those food items that are capable of arousing sexual pleasure in the human mind are called aphrodisiac food items. Those couples who are not having a good sexual life could have these food items in their diet.
Oysters are considered to be aphrodisiac. The very first thing that we are going to do here is to discuss a little bit of science. Here are some of the scientific points that will clear all your confusions related to oysters and their nature.
To arouse sexual organs, here are few things Huffpost suggests men should do.
- The first and the most shocking thing that one could ever know about oysters is that no research was done until the year 2005. People till now used to consider it as a placebo effect. After all these years, few of the American and Italian researchers started researching about this. So, when the research conducted came on the verge of completion, it has become a headline. People were now aware of the facts related to this particular food item.
- We already know that oysters are aphrodisiac and according to the researchers, this particular food item and the others in this category consist of amino acids in it. Now, if you know even a little about science, then you must be aware of the fact that amino acids are not found in nature, easily.
- Now, the focus should upon the type of amino acid that oysters contain. Well, the amino acid that could be found in the oysters and other food items of this category is actually 2 in number. The first one is called D-aspartic acid and N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA). These two amino acids play a great role in hormone synthesis.
- The first amino acid which is D-aspartic acid is said to be responsible for improving the sperm motility and for increasing the testosterone levels. The other amino acid which is the NMDA is responsible for increasing the neural excitability. With this point, it is clear that there are a lot of things that make this food item, aphrodisiacs. Also, this is not just spoken on the facts but is practically proven. The scientists injected these amino acids to rats and after that found the increased level of testosterone in male rats, while the females have an increased level of progesterone, one such hormone that increases the possibility of libido.
- The results of this particular study as in front of everyone, but all the scientists did not agree with this. Some said that the test conducted on the animals could not be seen as relevant for humans. They added that, until some research has not been conducted with taking human subjects into consideration, we could not say whether it is aphrodisiacs or does it really work or not.
- After all these discussions, the most important thing that needs a mention here is that oysters have the capability to promote sexual desires, but we are not sure about the libido.
Learn more about enhancing libido from this article.
After all these scientific discussions, let us focus on the nutritional value of the oyster. Few points related to it are written in the section below.
Nutritional value of oysters
- After reading this point, you will start eating this food item from now only. In this list of nutritional value, we would like to mention that this is high in protein and low in calories, thus perfect for a healthy diet plan. Keep this thing in your mind if you are eating 100 g of oyster, then you are eating the diet equivalent to 100g of chicken and this even carries fewer calories than later.
- It is rich in Zinc which is known for enhancing our immune system and metabolism of cells. It has also been found that zinc has to capacity to increase the sperm count and that is probably the reason that oysters are considered as aphrodisiacs. Each 100g of oyster contains 80 mg of zinc.
- Oysters are rich sources of good fats. Therefore, it becomes an item to be consumed not just for this purpose, but for other health benefits as well. If you are bored of eating the chicken and beef all the time, you could actually go for it.
- The food items that are rich in copper are also responsible for the production of sperms and for arousing this feeling of sexuality. They actually help in the production of hemoglobin and collagen. So, if you are having 100g of the copper-rich item, then the daily recommendations of a normal get completed.
- Last, but not least, Vitamin B-12 is also an important nutrient that is responsible for arousing sexual feelings. This particular nutrient is responsible for the functioning of the brain and nervous system. This nutrient is also responsible for the formation of blood in the body. There are a lot of meat products that are rich in it, but shellfish is the best amongst all, to be specific. The best part about this food item is that it is easily available and is sustainable also.
So, these were all the points that one should know about the oysters. These points are important to prove that it comes in the category of aphrodisiac food items and should be consumed according to their nutritional value.